SEXUAL ATTITUTE REASSESSMENT (SAR) - 12 HOURS CE - Pre-Con A Kathleen L. Baldwin, MSW
Wednesday, November 5th - 4:30 – 8:30 PM / Thursday, November 6th - 8:00 AM – Noon ; 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
The Sexual Attitude Reassessment (SAR) Workshop is designed to promote participants’ awareness of their attitudes, values, feelings and beliefs about the wide range of human sexual experience, and to assist them in gaining insight into how these attitudes/values/ feelings/beliefs affect them professionally and personally. The SAR uses a combination of didactic, large-group brief presentations/activities and frequent small group discussions. The large group presentations frequently utilize sexually explicit media to elicit reactions in participants, followed by facilitated small group discussions to promote exploration of these reactions.
Among the topics SAR addresses are sexuality across the lifespan, masturbation, shared sexual behavior, ethics, sexuality and physical disabilities, anal stimulation and others. The program is led by a SAR leader, and small groups are facilitated by trained and experienced SAR small group facilitators. While there are many sexually explicit media depictions throughout the SAR and a great deal of sexually explicit conversation, no live nudity or sexual activity occurs during the program.
Participants must attend the entire program and are expected to participate actively in group discussions.
At the conclusion of this two-day SAR, participants will be able to:
1. Identify areas of personal comfort and/or discomfort regarding sexual behavior and where that comfort and/or discomfort originates.
2. Describe their primary “values-filters;” and, how those “filters” inform their attitudes, values, feelings, and beliefs about sexuality/sexual behaviors.
3. Identify areas of sexuality where they may find inconsistency between their attitudes, values, feelings and beliefs.
4. Discuss a broad range of sexual expression with an increased level of comfort.
5. Develop a greater understanding of the sexual attitudes and values of people whose sexual interests/activities/experience and physical abilities are different from their own.
6. Identify areas of human sexuality where they hold biases that have the potential of interfering with their professionalism.
7. Identify and articulate their attitudes/values/feelings/beliefs about sexual expression between people of different sexual orientations.
8. Identify and articulate their attitudes/values/feelings/beliefs about various sexual fetishes.
9. Identify and articulate their attitudes/values/feelings/beliefs about the spectrum of BDSM.
10. Identify and articulate their attitudes/values/feelings/beliefs about anal stimulation.
11. Identify and articulate their attitudes/values/feelings/beliefs about sexuality and aging.
12. Identify and articulate their attitudes/values/feelings/beliefs about sexuality and varying levels of ability.