STUDENT RESEARCH GRANT
–2020 Applications will be available soon!
–Open to 2020 SSSS Student members.
–Please follow ALL instructions carefully. Part of the review process is making sure your application is complete & instructions were followed.
- Applicant MUST be a SSSS Student Member BEFORE applying for the grant.
- Applicant MUST be enrolled in a degree-granting program. The research can be a master’s thesis or doctoral dissertation, but this is not a requirement.
- The Chairperson of your Department MUST submit an email to email@example.com stating your student status within the institution, and the educational purpose of the research (e.g., dissertation, theses, etc.). Electronic signatures are acceptable.
Application Deadline: June 1st (of current year)
Grant Award Recipient Notification: August 1st of current year
Email all four parts of the application as “pdf attachments in one email” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part 1 – Student Research Grant Application: All areas of the form must be completed.
Part 2 – Brief Abstract: Prepare a 150-word abstract of the proposed research. This short abstract will be used by The Society in a summary of all projects submitted, and should stand on its own, apart from the ten to twelve page Abstract Proposal. The title must appear on the Brief Abstract, as well as your name and address.
Part 3 – Biographical Sketch: Prepare a short biographical sketch, suitable for use in The Society’s Sexual Science Newsletter, and/or to introduce the winner of the grant.
Part 4 – Abstract Proposal:
- Blind Review: Part 4 will be a blind review.. Please do NOT put your name or name of your institution/professors in any section of Part 4.
- The title, abstract, bibliography/references, and budget should be in one pdf attachment to be sent directly to the reviewer.
Title: The title MUST appear at the top of the abstract.
Abstract: Abstract of the proposed research. (The title & abstract should be at least ten-pages, double-spaced, with a maximum of twelve pages.)
Bibliography/References: In addition to the abstract, include the bibliography/references after your abstract.
Budget: In addition to the abstract and bibliography/references, prepare a proposed budget for your project. Include other sources of income or funding you received, or will receive.
Helpful Tips: Please try to avoid labeling the research a dissertation or thesis. The abstract should be sufficiently detailed to enable the readers to understand the research question, your hypothesis, methods, and proposed statistical analysis (as applicable).
Student Research Grant Award Recipient Receives:
- Student Research Grant Certificate: To be awarded during the following year’s Annual Meeting – If you’re applying for the grant in 2020, your certificate will be presented during the 2021 Annual Conference where you’ll be asked to present your research, too.
- Up to $2,000 (this includes grant & travel stipend)
- $1,000 will be awarded the year winner is announced
- Up to $1,000 will be reimbursed towards travel to/from the host city & host hotel accommodations for the year your are to receive your certificate & present your research (see certificate & presentation year above)
- SSSS Annual Meeting Registration for the year you are to receive your certificate & present your research (see certificate & presentation year above).
Questions? Contact the SSSS Office at email@example.com.