Distinguished Service to SSSS Award
The Distinguished Service to the Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality Award was initiated in 1985. The award is granted to a member of the Society in recognition of outstanding service to the organization.
Distinguished Service to SSSS Criteria
This award is granted to a member of The Society for outstanding and extensive service to The Society. Examples would include, but not be restricted to, extensive participation on committees or task forces, the holding of important organizational positions or election to national office.
- 1985 - Leah Cahan Schaefer, Ed.D.
- 1987 - Clive M. Davis, Ph.D.
- 1988 - Deborah Weinstein, M.S.W.
- 1990 - Andrew E. Behrendt, Ph.D.
- 1991 - Elizabeth Rice Allgeier, Ph.D.
- 1992 - Barbara Wiedeman Ruppel, M.S.W.
- 1995 - Sandra L. Davis
- 1996 - Marilyn Fithian, Ph.D.
- 1997 - Rebecca Black, M.A.
- 1998 - Robert Friar, Ph.D.
- 1999 - Vern Bullough, Ph.D.
- 2002 - Sharon McNeely, Ph.D.
- 2008 - William Yarber, HSD
- 2009 - Patricia Koch, Ph.D.
- 2009 - John DeLamater, Ph.D.
- 2012 - Eli Coleman, Ph.D.
- 2013 - Konnie McCaffree, Ph.D.
- 2014 - Stephanie Sanders, Ph.D.
- 2015 - Jean Levitan, Ph.D.
- 2016 - Herbert Samuels, Ph.D.