Hugo G. Beigel Research Award
This award is named in memory of Hugo G. Beigel, a founding member of the Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality, and Editor of the Society's Journal, The Journal of Sex Research, for 13 years. The award is designed to promote and reward research excellence in sexology; the recipient is the author of the best article published during the year in The Journal of Sex Research. The Hugo G. Beigel Research Award is funded by the Foundation for the Scientific Study of Sexuality.
- 1981- Donald L. Mosher, Ph.D., and Barbara White
- 1982 - Michael Ross, Ph.D.
- 1983 - Victor Malatesta, Ph.D., Robert Pollack, Ph.D., Terry Crotty, Ph.D., and Lelon J. Peacock, Ph.D.
- 1984 - David Weis, Ph.D.
- 1985 - Bernard Apfelbaum, Ph.D.
- 1986 - Barry Singer, Ph.D.
- 1987 - Richard C. Pillard, M.D., and James D. Weinrich, Ph.D.
- 1988 - Beverly Whipple, R.N., Ph.D., and Barry R. Komisaruk, Ph.D.
- 1993 - Aaron Devor, Ph.D.
- 1994 - Jacqueline Boles, Ph. D., and Kirk Elifson
- 1995 - Diane Binson, Stuart Michaels, Ron Stall, Thomas J. Coates, John H. Gagnon, and Joseph A. Catania
- 1996 - Cindy Struckman-Johnson, David Struckman-Johnson, Lila Rucker, Kurt Bumby and Stephen Donaldson
- 1997 - Dr. Alfred DeMaris
- 1998 - John J. Potterat, Richard B. Rothenberg, Stephen Q. Muth, William W. Darrow and Lynanne Phillips-Plummer
- 1999 - Janine Zweig, PhD, Lisa Crockett, PhD, Judith Vicary, PhD, Aline Sayer, PhD
- 2000 - Erick Janssen, PhD, Walter Everaerd, PhD, Mark Spiering, MA, Jeroen Janssen, MA
- 2001 - No Award Given
- 2002 - Erick Janssen, PhD, Harrie Vorst, PhD, Peter Finn, PhD, John Bancroft, MD
- 2003 - Virginia Cain, Catherine Johannes, Nancy Avis, Beth Mohr, Miriam Schocken, Joan Skurnick, Marcia Ory
- 2004 - Les Whitbeck, Ziaojin Chen, Dan Hoyt, Kimberly Tyler, Kurt Johnson
- 2005 - Patricia Barthalow Koch, Ph.D., Phyllis Kernoff Mansfield, Ph.D., Debra Thurau, M.S. and Molly Carey, B.S.
- 2006 - Juliet Richter, Ph.D., Richard de Visser, Ph.D., Chris Rissel, Anthony Smith
- 2007 - Zoë D. Peterson, Ph.D., Charlene L. Muehlenhard, Ph.D.
- 2008 - Julie M. Albright, Ph.D.
- 2009 - Dr. Alfred DeMaris
- 2010 - Jennifer McGuire and Bonnie L Barbo
- 2011 - Dr. Heidi Lyons