SSSS is a non-profit professional membership organization home to a diversity of professionals including, but not limited to sexologists, psychologists, health care professionals, educators, researchers, and therapists represented by its members, conference participants, and journal authors.
In addition to voting rights and opportunities for professional networking, members receive:
· THE JOURNAL OF SEX RESEARCH - a scientific quarterly with the latest sexual science research
· ANNUAL REVIEW OF SEX RESEARCH - synthesizing recent theoretical and research advances (now published as a special edition of the JSR)
· SEXUAL SCIENCE - an online newsletter that includes information on conferences, training opportunities, job announcements and more
· THE MEMBERSHIP DIRECTORY - an online directory of the membership and other information about SSSS
· SSSSTALK - an interactive email discussion listserv
· DISCOUNTS – members receive discounts to all SSSS symposia and the Annual Meeting
· CONTINUING EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES – SSSS events are approved to offer continuing education through the following agencies: American Psychological Association, American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists, National Association of Social Workers, National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, National Board for Certified Counselors.
· MENTORING PROGRAM - connects established members of the field with newer members, in the spirit of helping to grow and strengthen the field of sexology, as well as providing individual support and guidance to those in need. All SSSS members are eligible to be mentors or mentees.
· AMBASSADOR PROGRAM – creates opportunities of involvement and future leadership for new members of our organization
_ _ _ _ _ _
We have a strong commitment to “the next generation” through the support of a vigorous student membership program, recognition of student research and presentations.
Our award program recognizes professional excellence, public service and service to The Society.
GET INVOLVED! A broad range of committee activity provides numerous opportunities for the involvement of members.