SSSS is approved to offer Continuing Education
through the following agencies:
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- National Commission for Health Education Credentialing Inc (NCHEC)
The Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality, Inc. is fully committed to conducting all activities in strict conformance with the American Psychological Association's Ethical Principles of Psychologists. The Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality, Inc. will comply with all legal and ethical responsibilities to be non-discriminatory in promotional activities, program content and in the treatment of program participants. The monitoring and assessment of compliance with these standards will be the responsibility of the CE Director, in consultation with the members of the continuing education committee, the Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality’s Executive Director and the Conference Chairperson.
While the Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality, Inc goes to great lengths to assure fair treatment for all participants and attempts to anticipate problems, there will be occasional issues which come to the attention of the convention staff which require intervention and/or action on the part of the convention staff or an officer of the Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality, Inc This procedural description serves as a guideline for handling such grievances.
When a participant, either orally or in written format, files a grievance and expects action on the complaint, the following actions will be taken.
1. If the grievance concerns a speaker, the content presented by the speaker, or the style of presentation, the individual filing the grievance will be asked to put his/her comments in written format. The CE Director will then pass on the comments to the speaker, assuring the confidentiality of the grieved individual.
2. If the grievance concerns a CE session offering, its content, level of presentation, or the facilities in which the session was offered, the SSSS Executive Director will mediate and will be the final arbitrator. If the participant requests action, the Executive Director will:
a. attempt to move the participant to another CE session or
b. provide a partial or full refund of the CE session, if it is a separate fee session.
Action 2b will require a written note, documenting the grievance, for record keeping purposes. The note need not be signed by the grieved individual.
3. If the grievance concerns The Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality’s CE program, in a specific regard, the CE Director will attempt to arbitrate.
Please contact SSSS, 881 Third Street, Ste B5, Whitehall, PA 18052
email: TheSociety@sexscience.org to submit a complaint, or if you have additional questions.