SSSS Member Benefit
The Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality SSSSTALK Member Listserv is an optional service available for all members to use. The listserv is designed to disseminate professional, sexual health-related information to the SSSS member community. Suitable posts include: announcements of workshops, conferences, and meetings; publications; professional news items; awards and honors received by SSSS members; and requests for information, discussions of professional, sexual science, sexual health-related issues, or networking with other members.
This is a moderated listserv and the moderator is in charge of overseeing and regulating posts made my SSSS members. The moderator may intervene at his or her discretion when a post is deemed unprofessional, disrespectful, or an unsuitable post. The decision to intervene with a post is up to the discretion of the moderator who will take into account feedback from the Executive Committee, Board of Directors, and general SSSS members. Only SSSS individuals, supporting, honorary, emeritus, or student members are permitted to participate in the SSSSTALK member listserv. Non-members are not permitted to use the listserv including access to listserv messages or attachments. Except for material that is otherwise publicly available, listserv users may not share any email, posted information, or documents obtained from or through the listserv with non-members. SSSS members who give non-members access to the listserv may have their listserv use curtailed. If your SSSS membership lapses, you will be terminated from this listserv.
- The most appropriate and confidential way to respond to most messages is to reply only to the sender by cutting and pasting the sender’s email address into the “TO” area of your email program. If your reply is truly of interest to the entire list, you should choose the option "Reply All" and your reply will be posted to the entire list (and anyone else the message was sent to).
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals -- not to the entire list. To decrease the volume of messages, these types of messages will no longer be deemed appropriate.
- Do not send administrative messages (e.g., “remove me from the list”) or messages regarding moderation, through the listserv. Instead, use the listserv instructions (below) to conduct administrative tasks or contact the SSSS office or Officers. Please send inquiries to email@example.com they will be forwarded to the listserv moderator or the relevant person as appropriate. Specific moderation-related messages may be sent directly to the moderator at the link found at the very bottom of each message in the boilerplate Listserve Information area.
- Nasty, discourteous, unkind, uncivil, attacking, inappropriate, unprofessional, harassing, threatening, hateful, racist, sexist, homophobic, erotophobic, derogatory, or objectionable remarks or jokes that might be offensive to other people, abusive, defamatory, libelous, pornographic, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, or otherwise tortuous or unlawful messages will NOT be deemed appropriate. Courtesy is highly valued.
- Once debated topics have “run their course,” you will be asked to “take the conversation offlist.” This will occur when the content of the message subject matter begins to repeat itself or the tone of the conversation begins to turn negative. The decision to request conversations continue privately is up to the discretion of the moderator who will take into account feedback from other members.
- Do not solicit contributions for causes or political candidates. Spamming (sending unsolicited commercial advertising, political, or religious messages which are not DIRECTLY related to the work of SSSS and/or research regarding sexual science issues or practice) of the list is NOT appropriate.
- Messages posted on the SSSSTALK listserv may not be posted or forwarded to other lists or individuals or discussed with non-members without the explicit permission of the original message author.
- Do NOT send attachments to the list that are very large, as the system does not have the memory or storage capability to handle such attachments.
- Keep paragraphs and messages as short as possible, preferably with a focus on one subject per message. The longer your message, the less likely it will be read by your fellow members. We recommend that messages be no longer than 350 words. The moderator may intervene with posts that are longer than this recommended length, although it is recognized that many professional issues may involve technical or other issues that may be appropriately lengthy.
- Sign ALL messages with your full name, affiliation, and email address, and always include a pertinent subject title for the message.
- When possible, send email to the list in text format, not HTML or other formats. Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply, delete any header information, and place your response before the original posting.
- Do not send material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, or which negatively affects other users' ability to upload, download, communicate in real time, or utilize features as they have been designed to function.
- Do not send material that violates a copyright, license, right of privacy, right of publicity, trademark, privilege, right of confidentiality, fiduciary obligation, trade secret, employment obligation, agreement, or other restriction on use. Material whose use is authorized only when accompanied by a copyright notice, source credit, or other required marking or language, must be accompanied by the required marking or language.
- Do not send material that contains known falsehoods (unless for the purpose of disclosing and pointing out such falsehoods), including use of inaccurate identification of content, author, source, your identity, or affiliation.
- Do not send content outside the stated purpose and scope of the List.
GENERAL LEGAL ISSUES
Unless otherwise stated, views and opinions expressed on the listserv have not been approved by SSSS and do not necessarily represent the policy of SSSS. SSSS makes no warranty or guarantee concerning the accuracy or reliability of the content. SSSS suggests you do not rely on the stated identity, content, or source of such material without your independent confirmation.
SSSS is not liable in any way for any content, including any errors, omissions, or contaminants in any content; nor can SSSS guarantee that the listserv will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the server that makes such materials available is free from viruses or other harmful components. You will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the receipt of listserv material.
NEED ASSISTANCE? If you are having problems or need assistance, please contact the main office directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. The current moderator is Ray Noonan, Ph.D., who may be contacted directly at rjnoonan@SexQuest.com with the subject line (with the brackets): [SSSSTalk Moderator Message] regarding moderation-related issues. You can also use the click the moderator email link below to contact the moderator. Using correct subject line will ensure the message will be received in a timely manner as the automatically generated subject line is filtered by his email program (you can add more to the subject if you wish).
2019 Annual Meeting